Monday, May 3, 2010

THE WONDRFUL WORLD OF METAL
Hammer, texture, dome, punch, bend, torch, melt, saw are just some of the things one can do with metal. I say just some because I know those of you out there who can do amazing things that I haven't even mentioned.
That's why I love metal it's such a wonderful medium to work with and making jewelry with metal is like creating little works of art with each piece. I once had an instructor in collage who said if you make it in metal it's permanent and will be what the generations after us have to see into the life’s of our existence here on earth. WOW! I thought that was heavy then as I started to think about it ( thinking, and analyzing is a constant in my brain, the voices never stop I've heard that's normal for a creative) Oh, good I am normal maybe just a little ADD. Hmmm Voices, ADD, talking to myself and forgetting what I am doing when I get to the other side of the house. This is sounding allot like a phsyco. but I shouldn't worry because I am a CREATIVE! WHEW that's a relief!

Back to the permanent existence of our metal work. Metal is the thing that the archeologist's find from our ancestors metal coins, metal containers don’t forget metal Jewelry creations. Gold, Silver, Pewter, Brass Copper there all over the museums a little piece of history of the previous civilization. That’s pretty cool! We can leave our mark in the world and on the metal! We can share a piece of ourselves with the world to be possibly viewed 200 years from now. What will they think…………….hopefully they will think this generation to be creative, innovative and thoughtful!

Today more than ever before there are so many neat tools and resources available to us out there that we can use to create in metal. I am always finding some new cool tool or technique to try . In addition to the fact there are so many great metals to use Silver, Brass, Copper, Aluminum, Pewter, Nickel Silver and Gold of course. Means that anyone can work with metal there is something for everyone, every style and every budget. In this blog I hope to explore and share my findings with metal and discover many new and old wonderful techniques. OH THE WONDERFUL WORLD OF METAL!

No comments:

Post a Comment